To maintain warranty of all AMM products, please note:
- Proper cleaning procedures, precise dilutions of the cleaning agent, and proper rinsing after disinfecting are critical to maintaining and maximizing the lifespan of any American Medical Mattress product.
- Disinfectant solution should always be diluted exactly as recommended by its manufacturer.
- Products contaminated with blood may be disinfected with standard bleach (5.25% sodium hypochlorite) using a 1:10 dilution. DO NOT use harsh cleaners or solvents. Accelerated hydrogen peroxide cleaners can shorten the lifespan of the mattress cover (and will void warranty). Use with caution.
- Do not launder American Medical Mattress products.
- Adjust the patient surface so the bed/stretcher and mattress/pad are flat.
- Clean the soiled area(s) on the mattress cover using a non-abrasive cloth (e.g. microfiber). Discard the cloth.
- Using a mixture of antibacterial soap and warm water, clean the entire surface of the mattress/cover using a clean non-abrasive cloth. Avoid pooling water on the mattress/cover.
- After applying soap and water, wipe down the entire surface of the mattress/cover using warm water only. Use a dry cloth to remove any remaining liquid from the surface.
- Using a spray bottle, lightly soil the mattress/cover surface with disinfectant. Do NOT allow the chemical solution to pool. Pooling of chemical solutions will accelerate the degradation of the mattress.
- Using a clean non-abrasive cloth, wipe disinfectant across the entire surface to eliminate the spread of surface bacteria. Soak cloth in warm water to remove chemical residue; discard.
- Dry the surface of the mattress/cover using a non-abrasive cloth.
- Wait until the mattress/cover has completely dried before applying clean linen(s).